Welcome! My guest today is Sat Nishan Kaur, a singer, musician, Reiki master, dear friend, and my Kundalini yoga teacher. In this show, I share some personal thoughts on legacy and how Nia, Reiki, and Kundalini yoga became a big part of my life and my spirituality. Then Sat Nishan and I discuss this unusual form of yoga and its magical, soul-elevating benefits. Join us!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Kundalini energy: What is it?
- How Kundalini yoga differs from other types of yoga
- How and why Yogi Bhajan brought Kundalini yoga from India to the west
- Kundalini yoga has ties to the Sikh religion, but is practiced by people of all faiths
- What Kundalini defines as the “god” within us
- Kundalini’s origin and why it took so long to reach the western world
- How it gained popularity as “a way to get high without drugs!”
- Elements of the Kundalini class, including kriya, mantra, breathing, movements, relaxation, music, and meditations.
- Kundalini yoga as a path to quick transformation
- To sweat or not to sweat?
- How the nervous and glandular systems are balanced in Kundalini yoga
- Why we wear white clothes and head coverings
- How music is integrated with chanting mantras