How comfortable are you with conflict? If you’re like most people, you avoid it as much as possible and when you can’t avoid it any longer, you have coping mechanisms that might not serve you well. Regular conflict at home or in the workplace takes a toll on our overall wellbeing. The good news is that no matter how you feel about conflict now, you can learn to navigate it with confidence.
My guest today is an expert on human behavior and leadership. Jennifer McCabe is the founder and CEO of Pluck With Purpose, which teaches relationship and leadership skills to professionals and nonprofits both online and in person. The core of Jennifer’s work is based on the Four Skills for Relationship Competency. Join us for this conversation about resolving conflict, that’s full of practical tips and examples.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- The importance of learning to deal with conflict
- Jen’s HUGE vision
- Being at peace with what is coming at you
- Overview of the Four Skills for Relationship competency:
- Empathic Listening
- Unconditional Positive Regard
- Being equipped to relate and take care of yourself
- How to use empathic listening
- Do you want to be right OR do you want to understand the other person?
- When to choose empathy
- Knowing when to use each skill—and how to integrate them into your relationships
- Suspending judgment/maintaining integrity
- Unconditional Positive Regard brings a soft energy to the conflict
- Life-changing skills
http://www.unshakeablesoul.com (Our Expert Series featuring 18 women: Oct. 10-19)