Have you given much thought to the skin care products you use and where they come from? How about the items in your medicine cabinet? Are they safe? Are they healthy and nourishing? Awareness is rising about the toxic chemicals in many products that we use regularly in and on our bodies. Herbal products are becoming more popular, but how can you know if they’re safe and effective?
My guests today are Adam Klaus and Phoebe Stewart, herbal alchemists and founders of Some Love Herbs. Though each of them came to understand the healing benefits of plants in different ways, they’ve combined their passion for organic gardening, herbal medicine, and eastern holistic health into creating products that are safe and effective for the whole family. They love teaching others about restoring balance using the healing properties of plants and herbs. Are you ready to learn more? Join us!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Connect to our earth with HERBS!
- Their individual journeys into the world of plant medicine
- Natural skin care
- Pharmaceutical based medicine: potent, concentrated, focused on treating symptoms
- Plant based medicine: a holistic, symbiotic relationship between plants and people
- Supporting health vs. crisis intervention
- How herbal and western medicine are complementary
- Aloe Vera: a good place to begin
- Your stomach—the great destroyer, and your skin—the friendly, naïve, and welcoming neighbor
- Safety tests for skin care products: Do you trust them?
- Using herbs: tea vs. topical
- Dangers of plant medicine
- Culinary herbs are medicines, too!
- Fresh is always best
- How to get kids involved
- Some Love products, including balms, salves, and sunscreen
- Food and medicine: perfect holistic partners!
- How what’s natural has become “alternative”.
- Plant superpowers!
- Getting to know common plants and their stories
www.ewg.org (The Environmental Working Group: The Skin Deep database, Clean Fifteen and Dirty Dozen)